You are advised to read and understand the FEA Rules and ensure all activities performed for account maintained with Tokenize Malaysia always comply with the FEA Rules.
Please note that this is not a complete set of the FEA Rules and they may be revised from time to time. You are advised to get the full and latest FEA Rules from Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM)’s website at https://bnm.my/fea
What is it?
The FEA rules are a set of rules that are administered by Bank Negara Malaysia (“BNM”) under the Financial Services Act 2013 and Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 to safeguard the value of the currency of Malaysia.
What is required from me?
- Let us know about your residency status
- Ensure any payments and receipts to/from your account meet the permissible purposes
- Tell us about your domestic ringgit borrowing status
- Ensure any transaction to/from your account meets the permissible sources and uses of funds
Who does it apply to?
- Residents who are trading in Tokenize platform
- Non-Residents who are trading in Tokenize platform
|Definition of Resident||Definition of Non-resident|
|a) Malaysian citizen; or
b) Malaysian citizen with PR status of another country but resides in Malaysia; or
c) Non- Malaysian citizen with PR status in Malaysia and resides in Malaysia; or
d) Business enterprises / societies established / operating in Malaysia
|a) Non- Malaysian citizen; or
b) Malaysian citizen with PR status abroad and resides abroad; or
c) Foreign embassies, high commissions, supranational, central banks; or
d) Business entities established abroad